Understanding Cooperative Purchasing Publicly Awarded Contracts
Competitively bid agreements are publicly solicited and awarded through a Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by a Lead Public Agency. National Purchasing Partners serves as a nationwide channel to offer publicly awarded agreements to public entities. Publicly awarded contracts are established through the following process:
- The Lead Public Agency prepares an RFP, incorporating the required cooperative purchasing language that allows public entities across the nation to access (piggyback) the contract.
- Suppliers respond to the RFP and the Lead Public Agency evaluates and awards the Master Price Agreement (MPA).
- Members can review all documents online and access contract pricing by signing the Intergovernmental Cooperative Purchasing Agreement (IGA).
- Our competitively bid process is consistent with AFG guidelines.
- Please consult your legal counsel for confirmation in your jurisdiction, or contact our legal counsel at 877.329.8847